About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
21 years young. Marketing & Accounting student at the University of Adelaide. YAC member for Campbelltown Council SA. Passionate about social media. Working full time as an accountant. Dreaming of NYC. Follow me on Twitter @cassie_deconno

Thursday 13 October 2011

Share A Coke with Cass


I've been wanting to write a blog about the latest Coke campaign for quite some time. It all began when my Facebook News Feed was littered with pictures of people's Coke bottles, and who they were sharing a Coke with. I was confused and couldn't seem to find any information about a new campaign anywhere. A few weeks later I came across Coca-Cola Australia's Facebook page, and the whole Share A Coke campaign became a whole lot clearer to me. 

When I discovered that Cass would be featured on a Coke bottle I've made it my mission to find it. I don't even drink Coke, I prefer Diet Coke, but I've found myself buying Coke bottles just to see what name I can get. Our fridge contains the following bottles; belonging to my Dad, Rob, my sister, Rebecca, and me. My Mum has the less common name of Antonietta so she misses out until we can buy her a bottle saying 'Mum.'



You want to buy a bottle of Coke, but what if your name isn't one of the 150 selected? Well, don't fear you can attend your local Westfield and create your own custom can! What a fabulous idea for people who have less common names. Not only that but I recommend paying a visit to the Coca-Cola Australia Facebook page. Here you can share a virtual can of Coke with friends and listen to the songs corresponding to each of the 150 names. I spent a good part of this morning selecting a different name and listening to the different songs.

Coke is one of the biggest brands in the world so why do they still find the need to create such campaigns as this? The answer is quite simple, they aren't really advertising to gain more market share, almost everybody recognises Coke, and a majority of the population drink it. I believe its a way of getting people to talk even more about Coke and therefore people aren't talking about the competitors. People are absolutely talking more about Coke, whether people love it or hate it I think depends on whether they can find a bottle with their name on it. What do you think of Coke's latest campaign and would you specially buy a bottle if it had your name on it?

2 comments:

  1. I have a "Mum" can - I'll save it for your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, did you happen to download the songs as you listened to them?I'm after the Steve song :)

    ReplyDelete