About Me

My photo
Adelaide, Australia
21 years young. Marketing & Accounting student at the University of Adelaide. YAC member for Campbelltown Council SA. Passionate about social media. Working full time as an accountant. Dreaming of NYC. Follow me on Twitter @cassie_deconno

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Twinternships

I stumbled across an article from Adelaide Now earlier this year as I was job hunting:
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/interns-help-firms-turn-on-social-media/story-e6frea83-1225983833486
It is all about companies hiring interns who focus on social media including Facebook and Twitter, called a twinternship. Something that many companies feel simply because they have a presence on social media means that it is an effective communication tool. As I blogged about yesterday, Qantas, used social media to report through a press conference and received mixed reviews. However for social media to be most effective it requires a two way communication.


Through my University degree majoring in Marketing I am discovering just how powerful a tool social media is, creating jobs that only a few years ago didn't even exist. It seems like the perfect fit for businesses wanting to have a greater online presence through social media and for young graduates wanting experience in a professional communications environment.


It sounds like the perfect job for me! Anybody in Adelaide need a twintern?






No comments:

Post a Comment